Fix uname output.
OmniOS r151016 #
June 6th Update #
illumos-omnios branch r151016 at c774cf9
uname -a shows omnios-f0a1fe2 (note small discrepancy)
- libxml update to 2.9.4
- DTrace stability fixes (illumos 7033-7035)
- setid binaries disallow ld.so.1's $ORIGIN (illumos 6987)
- ZFS no longer bleeds zvol entries into non-global zones (illumos 7019,7020)
- NTP to 4.2.8p8
- expat to 2.1.1 (with CVE 2016-0718 fix)
February 4th Update #
illumos-omnios branch r151016 at 33c53a8
uname -a shows omnios-33c53a8
- ZFS receive now covers refquota-on-receive overage (illumos 6562).
- DTrace robustness update.
December 16th Update #
illumos-omnios branch r151016 at b5093df
uname -a shows omnios-b5093df
- BIND security update to 9.10.3-P2
- ZFS receives now replication streams with a refquota even if older snapshots exceed it (illumos 4986). Includes new ZFS Test Suite test.
- OpenSSH now integrates with the illumos audit subsystem. Thanks to Joyent, and this is part of getting OpenSSH to match SunSSH's integrated functionality.
- NVMe bugfixes (illumos 6466 and 6467).
November 12th Update #
illumos-omnios branch r151016 at 0a84329
uname -a shows omnios-073d8c0 (NOTE: The discrepency is because the tip of the branch contains a single-package change, not enough to respin illumos.)
- Changed entire's sendmail dependency from "require" to "group", which allows uninstalling sendmail.
- illumos 6439 (handles KVM guests better)
- KVM updates
- Hans Rosenfeld's blkdev series of fixes (illumos 6299-6305)
- LSI Fury support
- ilbd memory leak plug
omnios-userland changes are more frequent, due to things like OpenSSL updates, etc.
r151016 release #Stable Release, November 3rd, 2015
illumos-omnios branch r151016 at ab87a0b
uname -a shows omnios-ab87a0b
- Last full illumos-gate merge was 056d3a7. Six additional cherry-picks (five small, one important) followed.
r151016 release repository: http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151016/
Please read the upgrade instructions carefully. They were written for r151014, but they apply to r151016 as well.
What's new in this release? #
- GCC 5.1 now available, and replaces GCC 4.8 in omnios-userland. (illumos bits are still built with the illumos-custom GCC 4.4.4.) GCC 5.1 also has mediated symlinks for "gcc" in /usr/bin now as well. NOTE: GCC 5.1's default standard is "-std=gnu11". This is a change from GCC 4's "-std=gnu89". Some software may assume gnu89, and to compile it with GCC 5, you'll need to specify "-std=gnu89" or update your software.
- Part of illumos-tools is the illumos-closed package, which contains the tarballs and expanded-as-root closed-binaries for illumos distros.
- The signing certificate for r151016 uses SHA-256 for its hash.
- OpenSSH 7.1 can now be used as the system's default SSH daemon. New installs will install OpenSSH 7.1 by default. To switch from SunSSH to OpenSSH (remove --no-backup-be if you wish to generate backup Boot Environments):
/usr/bin/pkg install --no-backup-be --reject pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key --reject pkg:/service/network/ssh pkg:/network/openssh pkg:/network/openssh-server
To switch from OpenSSH to SunSSH:
/usr/bin/pkg install --no-backup-be --reject pkg:/network/openssh --reject pkg:/network/openssh-server pkg:/network/ssh pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key pkg:/service/network/ssh
IMPORTANT NOTE: Switching from SunSSH to OpenSSH will require commenting-out MaxAuthTriesLog and RhostsAuthentication options from /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Also both ListenAddress directives MUST be commented out (SunSSH has one uncommented by default). There will be an sshd_config.new to consult.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2 (Thanks Andy Fiddaman): To continue allowing connections from SunSSH, please add KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 to /etc/ssh/sshd_config and ALSO if you have entries in /etc/pam.conf to update them. For example, Andy needed to s/sshd-kbdint/sshd/ to re-enable their two-factor authentication.
- Network performance test tools iperf and netperf now in the omnios repo.
- Updates for screen to have 256 colors.
- illumos distributed make (dmake) is now open-source.
- GNU make is now up to version 4.1 (requested by many).
- Updated timezone (2015g) and HW information (PCI, USB, and SMBIOS).
- arc4random(3c) family of library calls.
- One can serve SMB/CIFS from a non-global zone, see here for details.
- AVL trees are now a stable public interface.
- IOPS, bandwidth, and latency kstats for NFS server
- Support for linux-like eventfd, epoll, and timerfd.
- NVME 1.0 support.
- New checksums for ZFS: SHA-512, Skein, Edon-R
- useradd/userdel/usermod is now ZFS aware.
- Resumable ZFS send & receive.
- Many other illumos-provided improvements in ZFS, documentation, small fixes, and more.
Package changes ([+] Added, [-] Removed, [*] Changed) #
- automake 1.14 -> 1.15 [*]
- bash 4.3p33 -> 4.3p42 [*]
- bind 9.10.2 -> 9.10.3 [*]
- cachefs (from illumos) EOLed [-]
- coverage-26 3.7.1 -> 4.0 [*]
- curl 7.42.1 -> 7.44.0 [*]
- gawk 4.1.1 -> 4.1.3 [*]
- GCC 4.8 -> 5.1 [*]
- git 2.3.0 -> 2.6.1 [*]
- gnu-coreutils 8.23 -> 8.24 [*]
- gnu-gettext 0.19.4 -> 0.19.6 [*]
- gnu-make 3.8.2 -> 4.1 [*]
- gnu-patch 2.7.4 -> 2.7.5 [*]
- groff 1.22.2 -> 1.22.3 [*]
- intltool 0.50.2 -> 0.51.0 [*]
- iperf 3.0.11 [+]
- isc-dhcp 4.3.1 -> 4.3.3
- iso-codes 3.57 -> 3.62 [*]
- libidn 1.30 -> 1.32 [*]
- libtool/libltdl 2.4.2 -> 2.4.6 [*]
- libxml2 2.9.1 -> 2.9.2 [*]
- lxml-26 3.4.2 -> 3.4.4 [*]
- Mercurial 2.7.1 -> 3.5.2 [*]
- netperf 2.7.0 [+]
- net-snmp 188.8.131.52 -> 5.7.3 [*]
- numpy-26 1.9.2 -> 1.10.0 [*]
- OpenSSH 6.7p1 -> 7.1p1 [*]
- pcap 1.6.2 -> 1.7.4 [*]
- pciutils 3.2.1 -> 3.4.0 [*]
- pcre 8.35 -> 8.37 [*]
- pipe-viewer (pv) 1.5.7 -> 1.6.0 [*]
- ply 3.4 -> 3.8 [*]
- pylint-26 1.3.1 -> 1.4.4 [*]
- screen 4.2.1 -> 4.3.1 [*]
- sigcpp 2.4.0 -> 2.6.1 [*]
- simplejson-26 3.6.5 -> 3.8.0 [*]
- sqlite-3 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11 [*]
- tcsh 6.18.1 ->6.19.0 [*]
- tmux 1.9.0 -> 2.0 [*]
- unixODBC 2.3.2 -> 2.3.4 [*]
- wget 1.16 -> 1.16.3 [*]
- Wireless USB (aka. ultra-wideband) from illumos EOLed [-]
- xml-parser 2.41 -> 2.44 [*]
- xz 5.0.5 -> 5.2.2 [*]
- zsh 5.0.7 -> 5.1.1 [*]